Friday, February 26, 2010

Baby Maya - Lakeville Newborn

The night before my session with new baby girl Maya Brynn (love her name!), the Twin Cities got a ton of snow, and I got stuck in the snow twice in their neighborhood, had to be rescued by an off-duty plow.

Oh, to be a baby, all warm and snuggled inside in winter, no cares beyond eating and sleeping!

Meet gorgeous Maya, 12 days old and alert as can be. She did take a little snooze toward the end of our session, when I was able to catch a sleepy smile.

(Just a common sense note: I do not advocate putting sleeping babies on glider chairs if mom is not just outside of the frame with outstretched arms and a separate photographer is snapping a quick photo. Not a picture to be taken without an assistant, even new babies can wiggle around!)

11 comments:

Shanna said...

Oh my goodness! I love the awake shots!

Christie Adams Photography said...

oh I LOVE number 2- gorgeous work!!

Jessica Hamlin said...

She is so alert in those first two!! Love her big eyes! Beautiful work!

Julie said...

Sweet images. Great work.

Unknown said...

aahh!! what a sweetie! these are gorgeous.
-shellie

mollie said...

gorgeous eyes!

Anette said...

I love these. I can't believe you got such a great eye contact!!! bet the family will love them all.

Laurie said...

Aww that classic over the shoulder pose is awesome!!

Karen Byker said...

very sweet! look at the adorable eyes on that little one. amazing!

Jane Photo said...

I just love that second one! What an adorable newborn!

Ridge Meadows Photography said...

Gorgeous pics:)