Friday, April 2, 2010

Anticipating - Modern Maternity Portraits

Dusting this blog off! I've been busy working on my new website, which should be ready soon, as well as booking springs sessions now that the sun is shining and the snow has melted. Can't wait for the trees and fields to green up, I feel like I'm finally exhaling after holding my breath all winter.

I recently had the pleasure of traveling from Minnesota to small-town Wisconsin to photograph a family who is expecting a new baby boy in the next couple of weeks. What a gorgeous mom-to-be - she was feeling great and simply excited to be approaching the day she'd meet her son.

Pregnancy can feel like it goes on and on (and on) when you're waiting for the arrival of a baby, but once the little one is born you so quickly forget what it felt like for the baby to kick, or how it felt to rest your hand on your rounded belly. I hope these portraits help the parents remember this miraculous time in their lives.


11 comments:

Katie Lou said...

Beautiful shots, and doesn't she just look great!

Elle said...

So perfect! I love the mama's baby bump!

Kristi Mangan said...

these are just great! She looks so happy and content! I really LOVE #1! Gorgeous work!

jennifer adams said...

what a beautiful mom to be, I love the last shot on the bed, very nice!

Lina said...

Beautiful captures, she is glowing and looks gorgeous. Love the color in those.

Alisa said...

These are so nice!! I love the first two - she's beautiful!

angela crutcher said...

Beautiful mommy! The last shot is great!

Lisa Little said...

Gorgeous maternity session! I love them all and especially that last shot!

Jane Eaton Hamilton said...

Can't wait to meet the baby. Just love the one in the doorway.

amy said...

Looks like a sweet family. Can't wait to see the baby..

Tori Piercy said...

Beautiful family! Goodness she has the most perfect baby bump :) Lovely captures!